Join Nokia Developer Ambassadors Lance McCarthy and Nick Landry as well as your friendly local Technical Evangelists for Nokia DVLUP Day, November 16th from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. at the Microsoft Office, 1 Cambridge Center, Cambridge MA.
Whether you’re an experience developer or haven’t even touched a Windows Phone, you’ll come away from this event with the knowledge and confidence to build and publish an application to the Windows Phone Store! The event will feature multiple tracks as well as all-hands sessions to cater to the variety and skill sets of the attendees:
8 a.m. – come by if you need some help setting up on a Mac (or PC)
9 a.m. – registration begins
10 a.m. – sessions begin
Track 1: Native development with C# and XAML
Track 2: App Studio
Track 3: Game Development
12 noon – lunch
12:30 p.m. – continuation of session tracks
2:15 p.m. – all-hands session with demos and code
5:00 p.m. – dinner and start of mini-hackathon
8:30 p.m. – awards and final remarks
In addition to the fantastic content, each attendee will receive
- A Nokia Lumia 620 Windows Phone 8 upon updating or publishing an app within 2 weeks of the event.
- A heavy-duty swag backpack chock full of goodies; the backpack itself is worth $89 (it’s a Wenger, Swiss Gear, TSA friendly laptop bag).
- A Nokia Developer Offers Token including the following:
- Microsoft Windows Phone DevCenter account (this is your portal to publish apps to the Windows Phone Store and also unlocks physical devices for building apps)
- Telerik RadControls for Windows Phone license
- Infragistics NetAdvantage for Windows Phone
- BugSense Performance Monitoring solution for Windows Phone (3 months)
- 20,000 ad impressions from AdDuplex. In addition, when your app is published you will be entered for
- 1st place- 1,000,000 ad impressions
- 2nd place- 500,000 ad impressions
- 3rd place- 250,000 ad impressions
- PreApps.com app placement credit. Every attendee receives credit towards app placement on the PreApps website!